Winning Team: Carrots and Coconut Oil. ??
Carrots have many benefits and should be eaten both raw and cooked because they have different effects on our body.
The beta-carotene of which they are rich is assimilated better when the carrot is cooked. Vitamin A is also fat-soluble, so thanks to coconut oil rich in fatty acids, it is more easily absorbed by our cells.
Other than the most commonly known benefits such as improving our eyesight, there are recent studies showing that carrots also improve male fertility and sperm quality. *
Experts say that the consumption of carrots and orange and yellow fruits and vegetables, such as melon and sweet potatoes, would be able to increase the quality of the sperm by 10%.
Excellent if you are thinking of conceiving!???
* scientific journal Fertility and Sterility with the title of “Semen quality in relation to antioxidant intake in a healthy male population”.
- 1 Kg carrots - minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp CoccoMio Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs - slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Grease a 2 litres baking dish with coconut oil.
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until they are tender, then drain.
- Put the carrots cooked in the food processor (be careful, the carrots will be hot) and proceed to obtain a smooth puree (you can also use a potato masher).
- Add the remaining ingredients and proceed until they are mixed. Pour the mixture into the dish.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
CoccoMio, we’re just nuts about coconut and only the best will do!